Sunday 4 April 2021

how to create a secure password

Following the recent data breach on Facebook, it's time to make a new password.

Here's a fun way to make a strong password that is unique to every site you visit.

This is idea 1 of 10 in the team of amazing people series on security.

Strong password ideas...

You know the score. 6 letters or more including special characters, numbers, capital letters etc.

If you don't make a new password for every site you will expose yourself to greater risk, so how?

Step 1. Think of 2 words. In proper case.
They can be kids names, pet names a band name, teacher or parent name.

My favourite bands are Pet Shop Boys and Mairk. So my 2 words in proper case are Pet Mairk.

Step 2. Take the 2 first characters of the website you are visiting. E.g. Facebook is fa

Step 3. Choose a number. Your age, year of birth, house number or anything you want.

I'm 52 so I choose 52 as my number.

Step 4. Add your postcode, zip code, or that of your parents house.

Step 5. Top it all with a special character.
I like the number 7, so I shoose shift 7 which is & but you can use ! Like 99% 9f other people if you want.

So to recap my Facebook password is..

PetMairkfa52TN132QU&

My Google password is 

PetMairkgo52TN132QU

What's yours?

No don't tell me. Remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment